Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

BOY/GIRL

Ok, so I am reconsidering this whole waiting to find out the gender of the baby. I am dying to know, and I know there are pros and cons to both choices. I knew it would be super hard for me. Also, when we get ultrasounds I am sure Todd and I could easily discern the baby's bits and know the gender regardless.

Pros:
-I can prepare, seeing how everything I have is SO girly.
-I can bond with the baby better, it will not be an "it".
-It will still be so exciting and fun to find out! It is still a surprise.
-I do not have to pick two names.
-I am impatient and suck at waiting.

Cons
:
-I will not have that super amazing "IT'S A BOY!" or "IT'S A GIRL!" that I have heard so many mamas describe. The ones that have waited have told me to wait, that it is so worth it.

Gahhhh.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Please find out. I have a pattern for a blanket and I almost bought the yarn. It was going to be all pretty pink & girly colors but then I thought if "IT" comes out with a penis all that time would have been wasted :(

Eliska Bobeeska said...

Just keep in mind that if you have a homebirth (or maybe birth with any midwife and request it) they don't shout out "it's a boy/girl". I know the first question I asked after all of that pushing was "what is it???" and she told me to have a look and find out. My favorite part of the entire memory of her birth is when I looked at my husband with tears pouring down my cheeks and said "honey it's a girl!". There is something so magical about finding out yourself...because really, you already know what it is...you just have to trust yourself and talk to that sweet baby. It really is SO WORTH IT!