Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Sunday, December 5, 2010

1/3 baked.

This little nugget and I officially completed the first trimester of pregnancy without too many mishaps. I did get sick a bit, I was so completely tired at first, and cursed pregnancy for a couple of weeks but all in all I cannot complain too much. I have an appointment for an ultrasound on Wednesday and I look forward to seeing the 2nd extension of my heart fluttering around on the screen.

As the weeks pass and Olivia continues to make me smile, test my patience, and fill me with joy I also stop for a moment and feel the adoration grow for this new child forming in my body. I wonder about him or her, and I feel almost guilty that I am so consumed with Pea that I think that perhaps being the second child is not fair. Why? well, because when I was pregnant with Olivia she was all I thought of and was my biggest focus. I did not have a rambunctious toddler to tend to or care for.

On that same note, Olivia is helping the time pass more quickly. I cannot believe the first trimester has come and gone. I am so excited to meet this fourth and final addition to my beloved peapod and his/her big sister is helping it so that Christmas morning anticipation will come sooner than I think! There is nothing, no day that compares to the day a mother gives birth. It is the ultimate, most resonating day. Ever. I am so thankful for the opportunity to experience that again.

And I crave pickles.
Photobucket
image via: Google

No comments: