Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Running for fitness

I used to be an avid runner. I would run about 20-25 miles a week and I did it to stay in shape and also because it sort of becomes addicting. No other form of exercise gives me the feeling of elation that running does, and my body was always quick to see results. After six months of waiting for the rest of the baby weight to melt off on its own I decided it was time for me to get moving again. Instead of easing my way up to completing my 5-mile trail, I just sort of went for it. The first couple of times I would get tired easily and have to stop very frequently. Then, I began to feel my leg muscles rekindle their romance with feeling the burn. The last two times I went running I felt so fantastic. I can say that I had not felt so great in my own skin for a while. Now I look forward to my workout instead of dreading it. Another part of running that I enjoy is the mental release that it is for me. When I run, I am alone with my thoughts and I forget about everything else. My focus is on my goals, on finishing the hill, and on breathing right. My mind is cleared and am so relaxed afterward. I can honestly say that a glass of wine does not unwind me as completely as an hour of cardio.
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Garlick's said...

ok...........I'm officially a lazy bum. YOU GO!!!