Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Full term.

This weekend was really nice and refreshing. Saturday my mom threw me a baby shower brunch and everything was lovely. My girlfriends and cousins helped out and I felt so loved. They showered me with gifts and laughs. I felt so lucky and grateful to have such wonderful women in my life. That is exactly how I felt after the baby party they threw me for Olivia, too. I ended up exhausted, maybe because I wore heels with my cute dress. I will probably put the heels away neatly in their boxes until after the baby is born.

Beautiful cupcakes baked by my mom and decorated by my godmother/aunt
Photobucket
Cookie pops, party favors!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Sunday my girlfriends and I went out to breakfast and a movie. Again, more laughs and girl talk. My two childhood (and now, adulthood) best friends came to town for the party. Being around them is like being home, wherever we are.
Photobucket

It was a wonderful way to begin this final stretch of pregnancy. This means I am in my 37th week of baby baking. My little girl is full term and could safely make her way into the world tomorrow if she wanted to. There is still so much to do, but I am going to tackle it day by day. I feel a lot more anxious and motivated to get everything done than earlier on. Perhaps it's because my nesting symptoms are in overdrive now as the countdown nears it's end. Olivia's due date came and went and she was nowhere near budging. I have a feeling this baby girl doesn't plan to mimic her sister, she has her own plan. Hopefully it's something like the dreams I keep having!
Photobucket

No comments: