Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Feels like summer.

I love the fall and I always have.

The leaves, brisk air, the poetic gray days and warm scarves. I love listening to Radiohead on gloomy October mornings and drinking cinnamon infused coffee. I fell in love in the fall, married my love in fall, had my Olivia in the fall. But, then there's the summery San Diego heart that I have. I feel rejuvenated by a toasty day and tanned shoulders. Especially with this huge baby belly, I appreciate a warm day where I can wear a loose and cool dress in comfort.

Sunday I laid out in the backyard while Olivia napped. It was lovely, sipping on watered down iced apple juice, listening to music, and reading Bukowski. I am not naked, but my massive bump hid my bikini bottoms. Yikes.
Photobucket
Yesterday, my favorite blondie and I headed out to the pool.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Though the day was hot the pool wasn't too warm and Olivia seemed to have gotten a little chilly and didn't enjoy it that much. She didn't cry or complain but did seem apprehensive about the whole thing. She kept a firm grip on me the whole time and I took my time enjoying it. Olivia is usually so confident and independent, I will indulge in any moment where my daughter will have her little arms wrapped so tight around me.
Photobucket
Photobucket
She even stayed cozy and still long enough to have a good cuddle session on the lounge chair with me under soft and sweet smelling towels from home.
Photobucket

No comments: