Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Baby Bump Etiquette

Of course between friends anything goes, but recently I've been compiling a mental list of things that one just shouldn't ask a pregnant woman that is not your close friend... or even worse, one that you do not know. I'm not a touchy person by any means but sometimes it's annoying to be asked certain things by mere acquaintances or strangers.

1. "Were you trying?"
-There are several reasons why this question is obnoxious.

2. After seeing the lack of bling on my left hand: "So, are you going to get married?"

3. "Can I touch your stomach?" Happened while riding the bus to work today. No, you cannot touch my stomach. I do not know you. Just because I am pregnant does not mean you can touch me. At least she asked instead of just going for it.

4. "Wow, you're going to have a big baby! I didn't show until I was 9 months pregnant!" My extra five pounds and I sighed.

5. "Are you supposed to be eating that?" I assure you that you are not any more informed and/or concerned about my baby's health than I am. But, thanks.

Haha.

On another note, look at Bugsby's new kicks!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Oj said...

best one yet! jajajaja

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I found your blog on babycenter and I'm going through your archives. Another good one is: "Wow, you look so big!" Or "you look so pregnant today!"