Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

No Mom Jeans

I paid my bills/rent throughout college by working in the fashion industry and helping people find their own personal style. After I became a mom, and while I was pregnant, I had to completely re-wardrobe myself to fit my new lifestyle and body. Here are some of my essentials for keeping a comfortable style that is edgy but still realistic to the life of a mom. Simple key pieces that I wear on a constant rotation:

High-waisted straight leg dark denim. Sleek, flattering, and J-brand makes them buttery soft. Cuff them to wear with flip flops or sneakers (sans socks) for a different look if you're wearing the same pair of denim almost daily. Choosing jeans over sweats is one huge step for the sake of mom style.
J Brand High-Rise Skinny Jeans in Indigo Wash
I only wear mine with heels if I am going on a date with Todd or out with friends.
Usually, I am in flats or my trusty red Vans.
Vans Authentic Red Sneaker
Flats are a great alternative if you want to keep the look comfy but less casual than sneakers. I scored some adorable Delman flats at a thrift store NEW for like $15! They are so well-made and I can walk in them all day.
http://www.shoeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/delman-midori_blue_pr_550.jpg
V-neck shirts have been sabotaged by hipsters, but I still wear them because they flatter my body better than the classic crew tee. So, I still rock my v-necks while running errands and doing the motherhood thing. Vince makes them thin and out of the yummiest fabrics.
Vince V-Neck Pocket Tee
If you're feeling ambitious, ditch the tee and instead wear a cutesy top. Even if you aren't the cutesy type, a nice top that flatters your body type with buttons, stripes, or some frill will make you look put together even if you did not try!
Idée Fixe Blouse
Papillon Top
Cabin in the Woods Top
A cute sundress is the absolute uniform for spring/summer in my world. You put on one article of clothing, no outfits to orchestrate! Throw it on, slide into some flip flops, and you're good to go. Forever 21 and Target have fantastic options for under $25. If I will be at the park or sitting in grass at some point with the pea, I wear leggings under my dress.

Style RSA436ORGStyle RSA436ORG
http://www.organ-nics.com/store/images/P/black_leggings_lores_jm.jpg
When I am having a super BLAH day, I swear by some height. If you are going to run around with a kid on your hip, you CAN still wear a higher shoe but a wedge/platform is key. A heel that is evenly distributed along the shoe is a lot more comfortable and easy to walk in so you will not look like a fool + break your ankle.
Rosegold "Cara" Cork Wedges See by Chloe Canvas Tissue Wedges
If you want to get crazy, put on some blush. Look, no one can tell you didn't sleep!
http://www.misscaseyb.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/powder-blush.jpg
Shop:
bloomingdales.com
vans.com
forever21.com
target.com
modcloth.com
sephora.com
urbanoutfitters.com
americanapparel.net


And just because they are TOO ADORABLE:
Style RNT128PA

8128P

No comments: