Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Monday, June 28, 2010

Muse Monday

Everyone say hi to this week's Monday Muse Alexis, single supermom to two adorable twin girls McKinley and Crystal! Want to be my next muse? Click here!

I used to be the center of my universe. I spent my days completely preoccupied with myself; doing things that made me feel beautiful and having a lot of fun. These days I still have fun, but sometimes it's really hard. Sometimes I feel tired and alone and I want to cry. I never pictured my life turning out this way. And though there are fleeting moments of distress, I now know without a doubt that I am a woman in every sense and that I am absolutely amazing.
I love myself more than I ever did when I felt beautiful every day. I know exactly who I am and what I am made of. Giving birth to my two babies has shown me what my body is capable of. I respect it so much more now. I don't value my body according to the number on the scale anymore.
I am so honored and thankful to have been given the most important job in the world. Sometimes I don't feel worthy of the task. To help guide and nurture these two beautiful, amazing girls into incredible women whom I will help realize early what took me 23 years to figure out: That they are incredible and amazing, beautiful, and capable of everything wonderful in this world.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And with her girls after running a benefit for cancer marathon!
Photobucket

No comments: