Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

DHA. I need. Today when I went to get my water at the vitamin store by my work, my homeboy that works there (and is a walking vitamin dictionary) asked me how I was feeling. I told him I felt good but sort of loopy, and highly absent-minded. I even admitted I feel a little less smart lately. He nodded his head knowingly and asked if I'm getting enough DHA. Then he told me all about this fatty acid (like the omega-3 found in fish oil) that is extremely important for fetal brain development. Then he told me the reason I feel so pea-brained is because my body is directing most of my DHA to the baby so she gets the genius. In other words, she's sucking all my brain juice! So, I'm going to start taking daily supplements and eating more fish so that we both get smart. In the meantime, I feel stoned.

No comments: