Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Sunday, February 14, 2010

The other love.

This weekend Todd and I went on two dates. Both were double dates with our good friends Gabbie and Chip. The first date was Saturday night. My mom wanted to spend time with the baby (well, she always does) and Todd and I felt like getting out for a couple of hours. We decided to go to Belmont Park in Mission Beach and ride the roller coaster. It is an old wooden roller coaster, a landmark of San Diego, and it was SOOO FUN! I took these photos with my phone, but you get an idea.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Some people believe that attachment parenting means you NEVER leave your kid. I do not agree with this. I believe that spending time with your significant other in a baby-free setting is crucial. Maybe it does not work well with some people, but it does with us. We miss the baby so much, and we talk about her, but those times we steal away just the two of us always rejuvenate us and refresh us from the responsibilities and commitments of our life. So much of a wonderful upbringing is having two parents who are still in love. I think it was Julia Roberts who said that loving each other in front of your children is one of the coolest things you can do for them. I agree. However, I am not sure what we would do if my mom was not around because I really cannot feel comfortable leaving her yet with anyone else.

Today for Valentine's Day we spent most of the day at home but we had a small picnic in the park to enjoy some sun. I wish I had taken a photo of Olivia with her valentine to her grandma (my mom) while she waited for her notice. It was so cute, the expression on her face with a big red envelope tucked under her arm. It was a happy weekend. Hope yours was as well!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: