Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Friday, September 25, 2009

A moment of honesty

Sometimes when I get a cramp, a strong one usually with a contraction, I sort of freak out for a second. I think- Wow, that was just a fraction of the intensity of a real labor contraction. I only dwell on this fear for a moment, but I won't lie and say the thought of a natural birth is not daunting. I've always had a high tolerance for pain, and I do not have any desire to not go forward with my plan but I am aware that it is going to be nothing like anything I have ever experienced. It is what is right for me, but I know it will not be a walk in the park. That is why pain management techniques are crucial. So much of pain is mental, pain is very emotional. I've also been working on my breathing. I breathe through those random cramps and it really makes all the difference. The pain of labor is what will bring my little girl into this world.

No comments: