Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Olive trees

I think the most amazing part of getting the 3D/4D ultrasound was that it really put the reality of Olivia in perspective. I mean, I have been mentally preparing myself for what is to come since I knew I was going to have a baby. But, in my mind she has just been a "baby", a small something that exists but not entirely. It's like I am used to being pregnant, used to having something extra in my belly, but it's still just me. Seeing her yesterday, an actual little body and not just a 2D ultrasound skeleton, all I could think was "Wow". She is so beautiful to me, so pure. I feel so much peace when I feel her. An innocent little life, she didn't ask to be here, but she will be. I'm aware of the fact that we all had the same tiny beginning, we were all sweet creatures in someone's belly. I suppose it makes my outlook different though, thinking this way. I can think of the negative aspects of our world, but remembering that we were all little peas once makes me feel a lot more hopeful.