Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Monday, April 19, 2010

Artsy

Although I am often consumed with thoughts of which organic veggie I should introduce Olivia to first or what wooden toys will suffice I am reminded of something else that is of paramount importance to her development and who she may be one day. Even though certain choices we make every day influence the person our babies will become we also have to ponder what things were really crucial in our childhood. For me, the answer is simple. My parents immersed my sister and me in music, books, culture, and art from a very early age. I cannot tell you where it began because every conscious memory I have reverts back to colorful picture books and The Beatles on the radio. These were the things that made me a creative person, not sweet potatoes.

During my pregnancy I always daydreamed of children's literature and which artists I would get nursery decor inspiration from. I hoped that listening to music that made me feel good would pass on those happy vibes all the way to my womb. If you ask me, I will tell you it worked.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I do not expect Olivia to be altered in the same way I was by my love for the arts but I do know it may fuel passions and ideas that will be all her own. The respect my parents, especially my dad, have for our ability as humans to create things that make our life beautiful is what has had the most resonating influence on my childhood and who I am now as a mother.
Photobucket

No comments: