Contact Me:

stellagunATgmailDOTcom

Saturday, December 3, 2011

"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."

It's such a true compliment when someone says that I handle mothering well, that I always seem "together". It's the sort of simple thing someone says that I want to grab straight out of the air and stick in my back pocket, so I can bring it out on the tougher days. My laid-back nature comes from the fact that I gave up wanting to plan and control. I cut myself slack and just remind myself to be the best me every single day. I don't have to be perfect or have it all figured out, but if I did the best I could for my two daughters that day, then I sleep well... interruptions and way-too-early wake up calls considered. I always tell my husband that we are going to have a good life because we want it and are going to do what it takes to have it. "Joy is a decision."

Choose to be happy.

Photobucket
When O starts to drive me crazy we start a dance party. Here she is rocking out to Foster the People.

No comments: